- Mok, Esmond; Cheung, K.S. "An Improved Neural Network Training Algorithm for Wi-Fi Fingerprinting Positioning ". ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information, 2013, 2, 854-868; doi:10.3390/ijgi2030854
- Mok, Esmond; Yuen, K.Y. "A study on the use of Wi-Fi positioning technology for wayfinding in large shopping centers". Asian Geographer 2013, 30(1), 55-64.
- MOK Esmond, YEUNG, Y.K. (2013). "ZigBee Network Positioning with Support of Real-time Kinematic GPS and Terrestrial Measurements". Survey Review, 45 (2013), No.329.
- MOK Esmond, RETSCHER, Guenther, CHEN Wen (2012). "Initial Test on the Use of GPS and Sensor Data of Modern Smartphones for Vehicle Tracking in Dense High Rise Environments". Proceedings, UPIN LBS 2012. 978-1-4673-1909-6/12, IEEE Xplore Digital Library.
- MOK Esmond, LAU Francis et.al (2012). "Influential Factors for decimeter level positioning Using Ultra Wide Band Technology." Survey Review, 36 (2012), No. 284; pp.398 - 409.
- MOK Esmond, RETSCHER Guenther et.al. (2011). "Use of Smartphones for Tracking and Trip Recording." Proceedings, LBS2011, 8th Symposium on Location Based Services, Vienna, 21-23 November 2011.
- MOK, E., Wong, K., Zhai, G.N., 2011. “Analytic Hierarchy Process Method for Utility Health Index Development”. Proceedings, The 2nd International Conference on Utility Management and Safety, 7-8 March 2011, Hong Kong.
- MOK, E., Chen, W., Shea, G., et.al., 2010. “A Self-improving System to Facilitate the Continuous Process of Health Monitoring of Sewage Pipes in Hong Kong”. Proceesings, First International Conference on Sustainable Urbanization, 15-17 December 2010, Hong Kong.
- MOK, E., 2010. “Using Outdoor WiFi and GPS Integrated Method for Position Updating in Dense High Rise Environments”. Proceesings, The 8th International Conference on Supply Chain Management and Information Systems (SCMIS2010), Hong Kong, 6th October 2010.
- WOO, S., Jeong, S., Mok, E. et.al., 2010. “Application of WiFi-based indoor positioning system for labor tracking at construction sites: A case study in Guangzhou MTR”. Automation in Construction, doi: 10.1016/j.aution.2010.07.09.
- MOK, E., Xia, L., Retscher, G., Tian, H., 2010. “A case study on the feasibility and performance of an UWB-AoA real time location system for resources management of civil construction projects”. Journal of Applied Geodesy volume 4 (2010), 23–32.
- TIAN, H., Linyuan Xia, Esmond Mok. “A Novel Method for Metropolitan-scale Wi-Fi Localization Based on Public Telephone Booths”. Proceedings, Position Location and Navigation Symposium. 3-6 May, 2010, Palm Springs, CA, USA, 3-6 May 2010.
- WONG, S.M., F.C.M. Lau and Esmond Mok, “Interference Impacts of Ultra Wideband Device on Satellite Receiving Station”, Proceedings, The 12th International Conference on Advanced Communication Technology (ICACT 2010), Phoenix Park, Korea, Feb 2010.
- TIAN Hui, Linyuan XIA, Esmond Mok, Dongjing WU, “Signals of Opportunity Assisted Ubiquitous Positioning and Its Key Elements for Outdoor/Indoor Environment”, Journal of Geomatics and Information Science of Wuhan University, 2009, 34(11):1372~1376. (in Chinese)
- XIA, Linyuan, Esmond Mok, Dan Yu, Tianhui. “Theoretical Considerations and Preliminary Practice for Seamless Positioning System”. Proceedings, Second International Workshop on Successful Strategies in Supply Chain Management”, 8th-9th January 2009, Hong Kong, 373-379.
- MOK Esmond, Georg Gartner. “Navigation support for wayfinding in smart environments using ZigBee positioning technology”, Proceedings, 5th Symposium on Location Based Services and Telecartography, Salzburg, 26-28 November 2008, 125-127.
- CHOY, K.L., Harry K.H. Chow, K.H. Tan, Chi-Kin Chan, Esmond C.M. Mok, Q. Wang A., "Leveraging the supply chain flexibility of third party logistics – Hybrid knowledge-based system approach" Expert Systems with Applications 35 (2008) 1998–2016, 35 (2008), 1998-2016.
- Cheung, Winnie; Esmond Mok (2008), "Discourse Processes and Products: Land Surveyors in Hong Kong", English for Specific Purposes 27(2008) pp. 57-73
- Mok, Esmond; Guenther Retscher (2007), "Location Determination Using WiFi Fingerprinting versus WiFi Trilateration", Journal of Location Based Services, Vol. 1, No. 2, June 2007 145-159
- Mok, Esmond (2007), "Whole Department Development of Criterion-referenced Approach to Assessment", Book chapter, Innovations in Professional Education: Practices and Reflections, Editor-in-chief: Professor T.P. Leung, Editor: Dr. Margaret Taplin, Pearson Prentice Hall, 2007, ISBN 978-962-01-9718-5
- Retscher, Guenther; Esmond Mok, Linyuan Xia (2007), "UWB, RFID and GNSS Integration for Navigation and Tracking", Proceedings, The 4th International Symposium on Location Based Services and TeleCartography, 8-10 November, 2007 (CD ROM)
- Xia, Linyuan; Esmond Mok (2007), "Refined Point Positioning Based on Broadcast GPS Orbit", Proceedings, The 4th International Symposium on Location Based Services and TeleCartography, 8-10 November, 2007 (CD ROM)
- Retscher, Guenther; Esmond Mok (2007), "Testing of Location Systems Using WiFi in Indoor Environments", Coordinates, Vol III, Issue 10, October 2007, pp.6-11
- Mok, Esmond (2007), "Ubiquitous Positioning Technologies and LBS", Location, Issue 04, Volume 02, July-August 2007, pp36-40
- Mok, Esmond; Tian Hui, Francis Lau, Linyuan Xia (2007),"Positioning Performance of Ultra-wide Band and ZigBee Technologies", Proceedings, IGNSS 2007 Symposium 2007, The University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia 4 – 6 December, 2007 (CD-ROM)
- Mok, Esmond (2007), "GPS Vehicle Navigation and Tracking in Hong Kong: Limitations, Challenges and Possible Solutions", Proceedings, ITS Hong Kong Forum & Exhibition 2007, Exploring GPS and Other Location Based Applications in Hong Kong, 19 Apri;, 2007, Hong Kong Productivity Council, pp. 9-22
- Pun, Lilian, Esmond Mok et.al. (2007), "EASYGO-A public transport query and guiding LBS", Lecture Notes in Geoinformation and Cartography, Location Based Services and TeleCartography, Springer, pp. 545- 554
- Yik, F W H, L. Pun, G. Shea and Esmond Mok (2007), "Geometric data for evaluation of the environmental performance of buildings in Hong Kong in estate or district-wide scales", Survey Review, No.301, July 2006, Vol. 38, pp. 619-628.
- Xia Linyuan, Esmond Mok (2007), "Assisted GNSS Positioning for Urban Navigation Based on Receiver Clock Bias Estimation and Prediction Using Improved ARMA Model", Proceedings, 12th IAIN World Congress, 2006 International Symposium on GPS/GNSS. October 18-20, 2006, Korea, Vol. 1, pp. 395-400
- Retscher, Guenther, Esmond Mok (2007), "Investigation and Testing og Location Systems Using WiFi in Indoor Environments", Proceedings, 12th IAIN World Congress, 2006 International Symposium on GPS/GNSS. October 18-20, 2006, Korea, Vol. 2, pp. 83-88.
- Mok, Esmond, Guenther Retscher, Linyuan Xia (2006), "Investigation of Seamless Indoor and Outdoor Positioning Integrating WiFi and GNSS", Proceedings, XXIII International FIG Congress, Munich October, 8-13 October 2006 (CD ROM)
- MOK, Esmond, W.Y. Yan (2006), "Design and Implementation of SOLO Taxonomy Assessments for Traditional and Web-based Teaching". Proceedings, BEAR 2006, Construction Sustainability and Innovation, 10-13 April 2006, Hong Kong.
- MOK, Esmond, L. Xia (2006), "Hybrid GPS and Wireless System for Geolocation Positioning in Urban Canyons". Proceedings, International Workshop on Successful Strategies in Supply Chain Management, pp. 221-233, 5-6 January 2006, Hong Kong.
- XIA, L., Mok Esmond, Guanghui Xue (2006), "Optimized Hybrid Location Service for Supply Chain", Proceedings, International Workshop on Successful Strategies in Supply Chain Management, pp. 309-233316, 5-6 January 2006, Hong Kong.
- MOK Esmond, L. Xia (2005), "Strategies for Geolocation Optimization in Urban Regions", Proceedings, 2005 International Symposium on GPS/GNSS, 8-10 December, Hong Kong. (CD-ROM)
- MOK Esmond, L. Xia. (2005), ARMA Model of Multipath Effects on GPS/GLONASS Observations, Proceedings, The 4th Beijin, Hong Kong and Macau Seminar on Geomatics Technologies, 7-9 September 2005, pp. 204-211.
- RETSCHER G., Esmond MOK, W.Y. YAN (2005). Performance Test of Location-Based Services, European Journal of Navigation, Vol. 3, No. 3, August 2005, pp. 22-27.
- Mok Esmond, Geoffrey Shea, W. Y. Yan (2004) Peer-Reviewed Paper, "Geolocation Positioning with Wireless Cellular Network in Hong Kong" The Hong Kong Institute of Surveyors Journal, Vol. 15, Issue 2, December 2004, pp.23-30.
- Pun-Cheng, L.S.C., Shea, G.Y.K., & Mok, E.C.M. (2004) EasyGo "A multi-modal public transport geo-information system." Proceedings of the Hong Kong and Shanghai Symposium on Science and Technology, pp.59-62, May 17-19, 2004, Hong Kong.
- Mok, Esmond, Wang Jianhua, Luo Zhicai et. al. (2004). "Measurement of Difference of Gravity Potentials Between Height Datums of the Mainland and Hong Kong". Journal of Geodesy and Geodynamics, Vol. 24 No. 1, February 2004, pp. 36-40.
- G. Retscher and Mok, Esmond (2004). "Sensor Fusion and Integration Using An Adapted Kalman Filter Approach for Modern Navigation". Survey Review, Vol. 37 No. 292, April 2004, pp. 439-447.
- Lilian, S.C. Pun-Cheng, G.Y.K. Shea, MOK, Esmond (2003). "Multi-Modal Travel Information On the Web".Proceedings, 8th Conference of Hong Kong Society for Transportation Studies, 13-14 December 2003, Hong Kong.
- Mok, Esmond, T.N. Wong, Andy Chan (2003) "A Hand-held GPS Based Road Alignment Checking System". Proceedings, 7th South East Asian Survey Congress, 3-7 November 2003, Hong Kong.
- MOK Esmond (2002). "A Fast GPS-Based System for Survey Check of Road Alignmnents". Proceedings, Vol. II, The International Conference on Advances in Building Technology, 4-6 December 2002, Hong Kong, pp. 1637- 1644.
- RETSCHER, G. and MOK Esmond (2002). "GPS Navigation and Guidance Systems for Construction Industry". Proceedings, Vol. II, The International Conference on Advances in Building Technology, 4-6 December 2002, Hong Kong, pp. 1645 -1652.
- Lilian, S.C. Pun-Cheng, G.Y.K. Shea, E.C.M. Mok and Zhu Xu (2002). A Multi-modal Public Transport Query and Guiding System. Proceedings of Nanjing Conference on Navigation Technologies and Intelligent Transportation Systems, CD-ROM session B14, Oct 11-13, 2002, Nanjing, China
- MOK Esmond, G. Retscher and L. LAU (2002). "Development of an Event-
Reporting Intelligent Vehicle Navigation System for Areas with Urban Canyons".
Survey Review, Vol. 36 No. 284, April 2002, pp. 398-409.
- MOK Esmond, Lawrence LAU (2001) "GPS vehicle location tracking with the Minimum
Range ERror Algorithm (MRERA)". Proceedings, ION GPS-2001, Salt Lake City, Utah,
11-14 September 2001, pp. 2564-2570.
- (WANG, Jianhua), Esmond MOK, Ruey-Gang Chang, Xu Jusheng, Zhuo Li Ge
Tu, Lu Yang (2001) "Sea level monitoring of China Sea area covering Hong
Kong and Taiwan regions". Proceedings, IAG 2001 Scientific Assembly ,
Budapest, Hungary, 2 - 7 September 2001, CD-ROM 88DB (6 pages)
- MOK Esmond, (C. Rizos), L. Lau (2001)."Accuracy Assessment of a Low-Cost
GPS Receiver Suitable for Deformation Monitoring Systems". Proceedings, IAG
Workshop on Monitoring of Construction and Local Geodynamic Processes
Wuhan, China, 22-24 May 2001, pp. 224-230.
- MOK Esmond, (C. Rizos), Geoffrey Shea, L. Lau (2001) " A Low-Cost
Automated GPS- Based Deformation Monitoring System", IAG Workshop on
Monitoring of Construction and Local Geodynamic Processes, Wuhan, China, 22-
24 May 2001, pp. 231-236.
- (RETSCHER G.) and Esmond MOK (2001) "Integration of Mobile Phone Location
Services into Intelligent GPS Vehicle Navigation Systems". Proceedings, The 3rd
International Symposium on Mobile Mapping Technology. CD ROM S17-1, Cairo,
Egypt, Jan 3-5, 2001.
- Mok Esmond, Lawrence Lau (2000). "A prototype of Event Reporting Intelligent Vehicle Navigation System". Proceedings of the 5th Meeting of Hong Kong Society for Transportation Studies, Transportation Science and Technology in the 21st Century, Hong Kong, December 2, 2000, pp 282-295.
- Mok Esmond, J. Chao (2000). "Coordinate Systems and Datum". Chapter 2 in: Chen Y.-Q., Y. C. Lee (eds.): Geographic Data Acquisition. Springer Verlag, Wien, New York.
- Mok Esmond, G. Retscher (2000). "Satellite-based Positioning". Chapter 7 in: Chen Y.-Q., Y. C. Lee (eds.): Geographic Data Acquisition. Springer Verlag, Wien, New York.
- MOK Esmond, Guenther Retscher and Youg-Qi Chen (2000), "Conceptual Design of an Intelligent GPS Vehicle Navigation System Suitable for Hong Kong". The Hong Kong Surveyors, pp 4-13, Vol. 11, Issue 3, Sept. 2000.
- MOK Esmond, Youg-Qi Chen, J. Chao (1999) "Establishment of GPS Base Stations Inside the Hong Kong Polytechnic University Campus". Proceedings, The First Hong Kong Symposium on Satellite Positioning System Applications pp 36-41, Hong Kong 11 Dec, 1999.
- Lau, L. and Esmond Mok (1999). "Improvement of GPS Relative Positioning Accuracy By Using SNR". Journal of Surveying Engineering, Vol. 125, No. 4, November, 1999, pp. 185-202.
- Lau, L. and Esmond Mok. (1999). "Improvement of GPS Relative Carrier Phase Positioning Accuracy by SNR Weighted Ambiguity Function Technique." Proceedings of the 55th Annual Meeting: Navigational Technology for the 21st Century, jointly sponsored by the Institute of Navigation and Draper Laboratory, June 28-30, 1999, Royal Sonesta Hotel, Cambridge, MA, USA., pp. 323-332.
- Lau, L. and Esmond Mok (1999). "Precise GPS Processing Algorithm for Short Observation Time-span in Urban Area." Proceedings of the 55th Annual Meeting: Navigational Technology for the 21st Century, jointly sponsored by the Institute of Navigation and Draper Laboratory, June 28-30, 1999, Royal Sonesta Hotel, Cambridge, MA, USA., pp. 533-540.
- RETSCHERG., Esmond. Mok. "Precise Single Epoch GPS Positioning for Deformation Monitoring". Zeitschrift fur Vermessungswesen, Vol.124, No.7 (July 1999), pp. 221-228
- MOK, Esmond (1999). "Reliable Single Epoch GPS Processing Algorithm for Static Deformation Monitoring". Geomatics Research Australasia, No. 70 (June 1999), pp. 95-117
- ZHU Qing, Esmond Mok, Bruce King, et al. (1999). "Fractal Features and Its Application in Image Matching". The Geomatics Journal of Hong Kong, Vol. 1, No. 2 (March 1999), pp. 49-53
- MOK, Esmond (and Shaowei Han). Satellite Geometry Consideration for Efficient GPS Ambiguity Resolution. Survey Review, Vol. 35, No. 271 (January 1999), pp. 23-32
- MOK, Esmond; Bruce King; Qing Zhu; et al. (1998). Digital Close Range Photogrammetry Data Acquisition System with Combined GPS Georeference and Its Calibration. Proceedings, ISPRS Commission V Symposium on Real-time Imaging and Dynmaic Analysis, June 2-5 1998, Hakodate, Japan. pp253-257.
- MOK, Esmond (1998). A single epoch GPS processing algorithm for deformation monitoring. Proceedings of Symposium on Geodesy for Geotechnical and Structural Engineering organised by International Association of Geodesy, Special Commission 4, April 20-22 1998, Eisenstadt, Vienna, pp159-166.
- RETSCHER, G. , MOK, Esmond (1998). Comparison of RTK-GPS Positioning with Results of Single Epoch Ambiguity Function Method. Proceedings of the 1st International Conference of Engineering Surveying in Bratislave, Slovak, Rebulik, pp 83-90.
- MOK, Esmond (1998). Accuracy Assessment of Single Epoch GPS Positioning. Proceedings of the 17th Symposium on Science and Technology of Surveying and Mapping, Tainan, Taiwan, 7-9 Sept. 1998, pp 184-190.
- MOK, Esmond (1997). A Survey Check of Transition Curve Alignments. Journal of the Civil Engineering Surveyors, 1997 Year Book, pp 49 - 57.
- HAN, Shaowei and MOK, Esmond (1997). Validation Criteria and Accuracy Estimation of the Ambiguity Function Method. Geomatics Research Australasia, No.67 December, 1997, pp. 67-82.
- Mok, Esmond, (1996). Practical consideration for GPS Positioning. GIS Asia/Pacific, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 33-36.
- LAI Xian, MOK, Esmond, (1996). Connecting GPS Network between China and Hong Kong - Initial Results. Proceeding of the 3rd Hubei Seismic Research Symposium, Hubei, China, pp 163-168.
- Mok, Esmond, (1996). A New Ambiguity Function Algorithm for Short Baseline Engineering Surveying Applications. PhD thesis, Department of Geomatics, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, U.K., 192 pages.
- Mok, Esmond, CROSS, P.A., (1996). Optimum Rejection Threshold Determination for Ambiguity Function Testing. Proceedings of 'Geoinformatics "96 Wuhan" - International Symposium on the Occasion of the 40th Anniversary of Wuhan Technical University of Surveying and Mapping (WTUSM), pp317 - 335.
- LAM, K.W.K., MOK, Esmond, (1996). Real-Time Processing System for Road Alignment Setting Out. Proceedings of 'Geoinformatics "96 Wuhan" - International Symposium on the Occasion of the 40th Anniversary of Wuhan Technical University of Surveying and Mapping (WTUSM), pp585 - 592.
- Mok, Esmond, (1995). Applying GPS positioning technique in GIS data collection: GPS positioning - How does it work?. GIS Asia/Pacific, Vol.1, No.2.
- Mok, Esmond, (1995). Applying GPS positioning technique in GIS data collection: GPS positioning - How does it work?. GIS Asia/Pacific, Vol.1, No.3.
- Mok, Esmond, (1995). Understanding the error sources in GPS positioning. GIS Asia/Pacific, Vol.1, No.4.
- Mok, Esmond, So, J., (1995). Studies of the GPS technique on engineering surveying application using the Wild GPS System 200. Survey Review, Vol.33, No.256, pp.115-129.
- SHI, P.H., Mok, Esmond, SO, J., (1994). Kinematic GPS without initialisation and its applications. Technical paper published by Leica Instruments Ltd.
- Mok, Esmond, CROSS, P.A., (1994). Ambiguity Function Applied to Kinematic/Rapid Static Positioning. Poster Presentation at the FIG XX Congress.
- Mok, Esmond, CROSS, P.A., (1994.) A Fast Satellite Selection Algorithm for Combined GPS and GLONASS Receivers. The Journal of Navigation, Vol. 47, No. 3, pp. 383-389.
- Mok, Esmond, (1992). A Model for the Transformation between Satellite and Terrestrial Networks in Hong Kong. Survey Review, Vol. 31, No. 244, pp. 344-350.
- Mok, Esmond, SHI, P.H., (1992). Collaborative Applied Research on Satellite Positioning Software Development between Hong Kong Polytechnic and Wuhan Technical University of Surveying and Mapping. Final Research Report, Hong Kong Polytechnic, Hong Kong.
Last updated: 2013.09.13